All of our deliveries in the UK are free.
Here is some delivery information from the agents we use, including their likely performance and limitations around the world:
UK: Royal Mail 1st Class Large Letter
We send out small deliveries in the UK by Royal Mail Untracked Large Letter, up to 0.75kg in weight and dimensions up to 35.3cm long by 25cm wide by 2.5cm thick. We might put very small and thin items inside an envelope to make delivery easier through small letter-boxes. Anything larger than this generally goes by a tracked service or courier (see below). Royal Mail say: "Although we aim to deliver 93% of 1st Class mail the next working day after posting, we are unable to provide a guaranteed service. Every 1st Class item is covered against loss or damage up to £20 or the value of the item, whichever is lower. Compensation for valuables, such as money and jewellery is not available on this service."
UK: Royal Mail Tracked 48
Larger and bulkier deliveries that can't go in an enevelope or are more than £20 in value and up to £100 in value are sent by a Royal Mail Tracked service. Royal Mail say: "Tracked 48 aims to deliver within 2-3 days. The service can be followed from sending to delivery, supported by online reporting. Recipients can have self-serve SMS and email notifications. Up to £100 compensation is availble as standard. We automatically deliver to neighbours when recipients aren’t home but customers can suggest a safe place to leave items if they’re not in. Local Collect® is also free of charge with Royal Mail Tracked services."
UK: Low Cost Parcels & YODEL 3 Day Courier Service
Occassionally we use Low Cost Parcels, fulfilled by YODEL for our free of charge deliveries in the UK for items between £20 and £100.
Low Cost Parcels Say: "We are a national company with a local feel. Over the last four years, LCP has been providing quality services to predominantly small and medium businesses, as well as individuals making use of eBay and Amazon facilities. With its superb IT platform and integration tools, LCP is helping people save time and money every day, and helping them extend their reach."
- Will I need to sign for my parcel? The need for a signature is dependent upon the service level selected by the sender, which determines whether the driver must only release goods upon receipt of a signature, or whether it is acceptable for the parcel to be left without a signature, in a dry, safe and secure location. If you are not at home, drivers will usually attempt to deliver to a neighbour before leaving a card. Deliveries including controlled items such as knives will need to be signed for and ID shown.
- How can I track my parcel? You will be able to see progress by entering the tracking code. If the sender has included your email address in the booking details, you will receive email alerts regarding ‘out for delivery’, ‘left with neighbour’, ‘card left’ or ‘delivered’.
- How do I rearrange delivery after receiving a card? LCP use different carriers each with their own procedures, but usually YODEL with a process for logging delivery attempts, and responding to requests for re-delivery. In some cases, the card left/posted will show the number for the local depot, especially if the parcel is large, and has been returned via the carrier’s van. In other cases, there may be a mobile number for you to make contact directly with the local courier who will have retained your parcel ready for a reattempt. Please follow the directions provided on the card left for you.
- Collecting from a Depot. Should you opt to visit a parcel depot to collect your parcel(s) then please make sure you first agree with the depot directly on a time by which the item(s) will have been brought back and made available for collection. Obviously you will need to take some ID with you.
- If the item is damaged, how do I log this? You should contact the Ultimate Fishing Supplies (the sender) directly, to register details. This should be done at the earliest opportunity, as there are limitations for the sender in submitting any claim, if appropriate. The sender will decide on what can be done to rectify the situation. Please do not contact Low Cost Parcels or any Courier Partner Network.
- Expectations The service you will receive should be in line with the level of service selected by the sender, who can determine the timescale for delivery, the options regarding items being left safe, and whether delivery is made on a Saturday or not. Whilst every effort is made by carriers to conform with service level agreements, there are no guarantees and occasionally things unfortunately go wrong, with resultant delays. Low Cost Parcels works with its courier partner networks to maintain a high overall standard of service, but some matters are beyond its control. Please liaise with the sender if you have any matters that need addressing, as the sender is best placed to make an evaluation, and in turn liaise with Low Cost Parcels if appropriate.
Note: Ultimate Fishing Supplies usually select a 3 working day service including the possibility of delivering on Saturdays. LCP and their agents might not release a parcel for delivery until 2-3 days has elapsed even if the parcel has already been shipped to be local to you. If you require a quicker delivery please contact us at the time of ordering for an upgrade at extra cost. Once a parcel enters the LCP/YODEL delivery network we have no ability to recall it to speed up delivery.
UK: DPD Next Day Delivery
For all of our free UK deliveries above £100 order value we use DPD's "DPD NEXT DAY" service which aims to deliver before the close of business on the next working day. DPD offer the following services:
- Standard: Predict & Follow My Parcel: a one hour delivery window, notified by SMS and email, so you don't have to wait in all day. Watch the progress of your delivery on a real-time map, all the way down to a final 15 minute timeslot including the name of the DPD driver, as well as the position in their delivery queue.
- In-flight Options: As well as keeping customers informed at every stage of the journey, DPD believe in maximising choice and convenience. They provide access to a suite of options both on the day of delivery and the night before. If you wish to reschedule, you can:
- Select an alternative delivery date
- Opt for delivery to a nominated neighbour
- Have the parcel left in a specified safe place
- Collect the parcel from your local DPD Pickup Shop
- Upgrade delivery to before 10:30, before 12, afternoon or a Saturday or Sunday (extra charges apply)
Worldwide: Royal Mail 1st Class
We allow you to select Royal Mail International. This is not a guaranteed service and we have had lots of parcels either greatly delayed or lost, usually in the destination country. We suggest that you select this service for very small and inexpensive items such as fishing flies or fly tying materials. If you request this service then deliveries will be at your own risk - once the items leave us they are untracked and if they become lost there is nothing we or you can do about this.
We use DPD Classic to deliver by courier into Europe:
- Serving all key European destinations
- Predict notifications
- Individual parcel tracking and proof of delivery
- Austria: 3 days
- Belgium: 2 days
- Bosnia-Herzegovina: 6 days
- Bulgaria: 6 days
- Croatia: 6 days
- Czech Republic: 4 days
- Denmark: 3 days
- Estonia: 5 days
- Finland: 5 days
- France (inc Monaco): 2 days
- Germany: 2 days
- Greece (inc islands): 8 days
- Hungary: 4 days
- Iceland: 6 days
- Italy: 4 days
- Latvia: 5 days
- Lithuania: 5 days
- Luxembourg: 2 days
- Netherlands: 2 days
- Norway: 6 days
- Poland: 4 days
- Portugal: 4 days
- Romania: 6 days
- Serbia: 6 days
- Slovakia: 4 days
- Slovenia: 5 days
- Spain: 4 days
- Sweden: 5 days
- Switzerland: 3 days
We usually use "UPS Expedited" for all of our courier deliveries outside of the UK and Europe. We have estimated the charges for our checkout, but we advise you to contact us and we can provide an exact quote and update your order before payment to ensure you get the best value for money.