- Shipping & Delivery
- Privacy & Security
- Cancellation, Returns & Replacements
- Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- Viewing Orders
Shipping & Delivery
- We will suggest some appropriate methods of delivery at the checkout, but it is your responsibility to select an appropriate delivery means for your needs and location worldwide. When we pack your order, if we think your means of delivery is inappropriate we will contact you to take your advice as to how you wish to proceed - please give us an e-mail address or preferably a telephone number where we can contact you if there are any diffculties.
Deliveries In the UK:
- We will automatically select a Royal Mail 1st Class small package delivery charge of £2.50 on every order. This service is untracked and uninsured and suitable only for small items of fishing supplies and clothing accessories. It will usually take one to two working days to make delivery and if the package does not fit through your letterbox it will need to be collected from your nearest mail handling centre.
- You can select a tracked, signed for courier service at a charge of £6.50 on your order. We recommend that you select this option where you want to be able to track your parcel and you wish to know on which day your parcel will be delivered. This service in insured against loss of your goods and will usually be by Low Cost Parcels or YODEL on a 3 working day service including Saturday deliveries. When your package contains knives or other age-restricted goods we require that you use this courier, signed for service where the courier will check your age by valid ID (e.g. a credit card, driving license or passport document) and will not leave your goods unattended.
- Should your order total more than £150, we will provide free of charge delivery by DPD as a next working day courier, tracked with one hour time-slots and SMS messaging or delivery imminent. Again age restricted goods will need to be signed for and cannot be left unattended in a safe place. Please select this option if it is ofered to you.
Deliveries In Europe:
- We will automatically select a Royal Mail 1st Class small package international delivery charge of £2.50 on every order. This service is untracked and uninsured and suitable only for small items of fishing supplies and clothing accessories. Delivery is usually complete in 7 working days but notification of any failed delivery can take very much longer.
- You can select a tracked, signed for courier service by DPD at a charge of £13.00 on your order. We recommend that you select this option for deliveries in Europe. It is insured against loss of your goods. Western European destinations are served in 3 working days. Some territories may take up to 7 working days to deliver and can be monitored by tracking.
Deliveries to the Rest of The World:
- We will automatically suggest an estimated price of a courier delivery which is often a UPS air-freight delivery which at the present time is about £29.00 to many locations world-wide outside Europe.
- It may be that your territory can be served more cheaply or that your particular location atrracts a further surcharge. You can request an exact UPS quotation for your delivery address at our checkout instead of our default to reduce costs or avoid a greatly delayed delivery through under-payment for delivery.
- For small quantities of low value items (e.g. fishing flies) where significant customs clearance cost is not incurred and Royal Mail International Small Packet delivery can be used, please contact us to request a special checkout discount code to reduce the postage charge. This code will be unique to you and your delivery address and will be useless if shared.
Privacy & Security
- Your privacy, personal information and security are our top priorities. We are proud to team with some of the biggest and best eCommerce companies to bring you this service. This site communicates exclusively through https using SSL2.0 and your browser should indicate that this is the case. Our banking and payment processing partners HSBC, Global Payments, RealEx and Paypal audit our performance in keeping your data secure. Please contact us if you have any concerns; we will address these as our top priority.
Cancellation, Returns & Replacements
If you cancel your order before we put it in the hands of our delivery services (i.e. before 14:00GMT on working weekdays on the day following your order), we will work with you to refund you in full back to your original means of payment. Once an order leaves our premises, we consider the goods to be yours. Our delivery agents will make several attempts at delivery unless told to stop. After a number of attempts they will hold your delivery in a local depot. Eventually, if you do not collect it, they will attempt to return it to us and we will contact you for your further instructions as to what to do with your goods.
For UK transactions with UK delivery addresses, we are bound by the Distance Selling Regulations. For a period of 14 days after delivery, if you are in any way unhappy with your purchase and wish to return it, for any reason at all (including no reason at all e.g. on a whim), please do so - you pay for the return of the item back to us and once we receive it, we will inspect it to ensure it is unused and re-saleable, and we will refund you the full purchase price back to your original means of payment. If goods are found to be faulty and have slipped past our vigilant outwards packers and inspectors then we will pay for collection or ask that the goods are destroyed and replace them as soon as we are able from our stock or if agreed, provide a full refund.
For overseas clients we will happily replace faulty items if you return those faulty items to us, or at our discretion we will replace and request destruction of the faulty items. We may ask for photographic evidence of the fault and/or destruction to save us all re-delivery costs.
For peace of mind, please request from us a Return Materials Authorisation (RMA) number for any items you wish to return to us and enclose a short note as to why you are returning any items so that after our inspection we can correctly credit your account. If we find significant damage or wear on items that would not be expected or are inconsistent with a statement that the goods have not been used then we reserve the right to give only a partial refund or no refund at all and charge you further for our reasonable time and handling fees.
All goods are original manufacturer's new with tags unless otherwise clearly stated and may incorporate security features to validate that they are genuine.
We honour all manufacturer's extended warranties without affecting your statutory rights. Some warranties are processed by us, others are processed by the manufacturer's customer services themselves - we will advise should circumstances arise where you might wish to make a claim and this is not clear from the information provided with the goods.
When placing an order through this eCommerce site you are entering into a legally binding contract between YOU and US under English law with the place of sale defined as being our registered address 70-72 Derwent Street, Chopwell, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear, NE17 7HY, ENGLAND. We present goods for sale where we knowingly believe we have sufficient stock to fulfil customer orders in the stated timescale or where no timescale is explicitly stated dispatched on the next working day in the United Kingdom following order. We manufacture some items to order and will state this if it might introduce additional delay into supply, for (for example), dyeing special colours and drying or configuring and testing kits of parts that are meant to work together. We may at our discretion split larger deliveries into suitable parts and attempt delivery ahead of schedule. Where we can combine deliveries to make a cost saving we reserve the right so to do.
Payment, Pricing & Promotions
Payment means accepted by this eCommerce website are exclusively by credit and debit cards processed by RealEx or Paypal. Other forms of order and payment may be made by separate private treaty by contacting us directly.
Our pricing is compliant with UK law. We are free to charge as we see fit despite Manufacturer's Recommended Retail Prices. We will only indicate "Sale" prices where the higher price has previously been charged for at least the statutory period(s). We advertise our goods on multiple platforms and in multiple channels including at country fairs, exhibitions, trade shows and other locations. We have a shop location where we sell goods. We have other websites apart from this one. We sell goods on the eCommerce platforms eBay and Amazon. We may advertise the same goods at different prices on more than one platform at a time, often representing the charges made to utilise third party platforms.
Our promotions are designed for the UK market and may not be valid elsewhere. Our pricing is in UK Pounds Sterling indicated by "£" or "GBP"; your debit or credit card will be charged by us in UK Pounds Sterling but this sum will be converted to the local currency of your card by card processing agencies, either ours (HSBC, Global Payments and Realex or Paypal) or yours with any exchange rates indicated on your transaction documentation. Your issuing bank may also make a charge for currency exchange that is outside of our control and a matter between YOU and your bank.
Historical orders are presented against your registered account with us as a convenience to provide information for re-ordering. Prices may vary and prior pricing indication does not represent a quotation for re-supply. Any original printed invoice endorsed wet-ink is deemed to supersede any electronic record; any amended invoices will be dispatched and clearly marked as such.